IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

One Kind Act Wednesday

This is the most difficult of all the memes. I receive so many blessings throughout the course of a week, I would be much more comfortable telling you of the people who come into my life and make it so much brighter!

My husband told me that I kept him from losing it while fixing a leaking pipe. We had to fix a pipe on our water heater based on our home inspection. Hubman turned off the water, replaced the pipe and sealed it with pipe dope, turned the water back on - drip, drip, drip. More pipe dope...drip, drip, drip. It's 8:30 p.m., so he makes a quick trip to OSH and comes back with Teflon tape, hoping that we will not be without water overnight! By 9:00 p.m., the water was back on, no drips and he's enthralled with Teflon tape! It was a rough four hours of work, skinned knuckles and sweat. Why don't they place these things where you can get to them when they need to be serviced? Oh no! They're always up high and at the oddest angles!

Hubman's been going to the chiropractor for a sore back and all of that twisting and bending sure didn't help. He feels that every time he starts something it is bound to be jinxed. He told me how much it means to him that I remain so calm and soothing for him. He said that I keep him together...I didn't know.

9 comments:

Barb said...

What a nice concept for a meme!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh you good girl! and i say if god wanted you to paint your own toenails he would have put them on your knees where you could reach them! nothing is easy!!

smiles, bee

Ron Simpson said...

tell him to ice the back down for 20 minutes. It will reduce the swelling. then use moist heat at a low temp to sooth away the pain.

this sounds like all my home repair projects. It always involves several trips to home depot.

Heart of Rachel said...

Sorry to hear about your husband's sore back. Hope he can have a good rest and feel rejuvinated soon.

I think it's very touching to hear someone say that you "keep him together."

Berni said...

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. I would think that all the little visits and comments to people on the internet are blessings you do every day. God bless you for it.

Mo and The Purries said...

I'm laughing at Bee's comment, and smiling at your post.


mo

Crazy Working Mom said...

My hubby is a plumber. Do I need to send him your way? *LOL*

I'm glad he told you how much he appreciated you. That's great to hear.

Hope he's feeling better soon.

Desert Songbird said...

How wonderful that he recognizes that in you. Many people in relationships take the other for granted. I know I've been guilty of it from time to time throughout the years; I try to catch myself from doing.

Constance said...

Your love matters, Gracie..... Yours to him is as precious as his back to you -- (no pun intended about aching backs !)