IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thank You...Our Vets


In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace. The art of war is of vital importance to the state. It is matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence under no circumstances can it be neglected. ---Sun Tzu

Mere words cannot begin to express my gratitude to the men and women of our armed services. I took the above photo at our local cemetery on a cool, early spring afternoon, a time of reflection. To all of those who have walked the path to war and peace, my heartfelt thanks.

(I watched the service today from Ft. Hood, for those men and women who were struck down in the safety of their own community. Listening to the speeches, the prayers, the music, watching the faces of people as they walked along the photographs of their loved ones, wracked in grief and shock, I was starkly reminded of the families left behind. What a tragedy! I can only hope that the horrible man who killed these souls will be brought to true justice and not become a poster child for political correctness.)

4 comments:

Linda said...

I watched some of the coverage of the services at Fort Hood yesterday myself and still shook my head in amazement that this sort of thing could happen and no one had any idea that it might.

Honestly, I don't understand the whole thing and I don't think I ever will. It's bad enough that or men and women die on foreign shores but to be killed in our backyard by some disgruntled bastard ... it makes my blood boil.

They should let the Texas Justice System take care of this guy ... they still do it right down there!

Traveling Bells said...

A big THANK YOU to all our vets!

Hugs to you...

Sandee said...

They are already here Gracie and this will happen more and more on our own soil. The war is here already. The Muslims in New York were praising this madman in the streets of NY. I was shocked. We are so politically correct that many do nothing. God help us.

I thank every man and woman who have served, is serving and those who have yet to serve. They keep us free.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hug. :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i couldn't watch it, i just could not... lovely post honey.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo