IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

~~~DONA NOBIS PACEM~~~

 
 
The picture I chose for my peace globe was taken at the site of the Oklahoma City bombing.  We were there in 2008.  There were so many, many memorial tokens left on the fences they have allowed them to remain.  My photo is just a minute representation of the love and devotion to those who died that day.
 
This is a hymn from my childhood - it's words are so true today.

There comes to my heart one sweet strain,
A glad and a joyous refrain,
I sing it again and again,
Sweet peace, the gift of God’s love.

 Peace, peace, sweet peace,
Wonderful gift from above,
Oh, wonderful, wonderful peace,
Sweet peace, the gift of God’s love.

----Peter P. Bilhorn, 1887

13 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

peace my friend.

Anonymous said...

Perfect! Peace to you, my friend.

Traveling Bells said...

We often sing the song Dona Nobis Pacem at church. I love it. It will be playing in my head all day, and that's OK with me:)

Peace and hugs...

Sandee said...

Have a terrific day honey. Big hug. :)

Durward Discussion said...

A lovely globe and beautiful thought.

ipanema said...

how beautiful it is to offer our prayers to everyone around us.

thanks for the visit and your kind words.


Shalom!

Kate said...

I found you from Dona Nobis Pacem. I love your site. I’m going to poke around a little bit, but don’t worry I’ll put everything back where I found it!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

… and a gift from within.

Peace.

Anndi said...

May we all walk the path of peace with love in our hearts so no one ever mourns a loss caused by violence again. Peace and Understanding!

Dona Nobis Pacem

Travis Cody said...

Wonderful sentiment.

Peace.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

The image on your peace globe is stunning and a stark reminder of what this blogblast for peace is all about. Wonderful! I love the peaceful hymn as well. Blessings!

Mimi Lenox said...

Gracie - Your peace globe is quite special. We need never forget. Thank you for the brutal and sobering reminder.

Peace to you and yours.
#1806 in the Official Peace Globe Gallery at blogblastforpeace.com

Pacem,
Mimi

Annelisa said...

You are now linked in my blog: Peace Bloggers Unite