IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Echoes of Summer


I'm having a self-pity kind of day today. It's 110, humid and my plants look scorched. I've lost several new ones I just planted. No one's made any offers on our house after two weeks and I'm feeling stressed and depressed.

Looking at the paper, I saw the temperature of Baghdad yesterday: 119. Our soldiers are carrying packs that weigh 40-50 lbs., plus flak jackets/body armor. I should really stop my moaning and complaining.

The heat breaks my spirit and seems unbearable. As I went outside to water, it seemed like a physical slap in the face. And there are people who enjoy living in the desert! Why? Scorpions and snakes are NOT my friends! I'd much rather live in the luxury of ferns and waterfalls.

No comments: