IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

THe Mo Show - Now on Wednesdays!

This is bound to be a great show! We all have our favorites, whether it's "All in the Family," or the "Brady Bunch," or "Friends."
I'll never forget watching George Jefferson and Archie Bunker go at each other, using language we NEVER thought we'd hear on TV. I have no doubt it was partly responsible for bringing down some of the racial barriers left over from the sixties. The crowd we hung around with wouldn't even make plans on Friday nights until the show was over. We'd gather at someone's house to watch it first before going any where - it was that important to us.
Oh, Archie...That voice. Dear, sweet Edith. What a ditz! But was there ever a more loveable soul on TV? Torn between two eras and trying to make peace with both of them!!!
Be certain to listen in to "The Mo Show," and share your favorite moments! Your memories may be more recent than mine (as in most of you!!!) but they all will be wonderful...

3 comments:

Linda said...

"All in the Family" was one of my father's all-time favorite sit-coms along with "Sanford & Son".

They sure don't make 'em like they used to, do they??

Travis Cody said...

I can remember visiting my Gram when my Grandpa was home. He would sit in his chair and watch All in the Family, with a sly grin on his face the whole time.

And then he would laugh out loud, pound his knee, and say, "Ha! That's right, you son of a gun, you!"

That's such a vivid memory for me.

Mo and The Purries said...

I'm having a mo-mental moment...
what did Archie used to call Edith???

If you remember, call in tonight and tell me.