IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Rambles


1. I fixed short ribs for dinner. And boy, they tasted good...

2. My migraine was a little better today - not gone, but a tad better!
I'll take what I can get!

3. I used to have a sense of humor. I must've left it somewhere - I've
looked all over for it but it keeps coming up missing...

4. Larry King needs to hang up his suspenders. He actually interviewed
that little creep from Iran (there's no way I can attempt to spell his
name) and threw soft balls at him! I'm sure that "President Tom"
would only accept soft questions, but why in the heck have his hairy
little face (ha! you thought I was gonna say something else, didn't you!)
on the air. And Larry is Jewish! For shame...
Larry King

5. Has anyone heard of a "volunteer" tomato? I have one growing up through
our orange tree and it's huge! So far, it's flowered a lot but only set two
tomatoes. Weird....

6. In order to save $$$$ we traded in cable for satellite. So far, so good. It's a
lot cheaper.

7. I've got a boyfriend for Miss Bee's Nancy, the spider! His name is Larry and
he's hung around all summer. (Oops. Did I detect just a little humor there?)
Larry, the Spider!

8. I use too many ellipses when I type and way too many parenthesis. (Sorry)

9. I need to get out of the house and am planning on kidnapping hubman for a few
hours this Saturday. Maybe run up to Kernville, which is on the Kern River.
It's a quaint little town. You can sit in the park, eat an ice cream and watch the
river flow by. The Kern River is well known for white-water rafting. Lived
here for 37 years and have never gone rafting. What a dud!
The Mighty Kern

10. The season premiere for "Criminal Minds" is coming up in twenty minutes.
I can hardly wait to see who blows up. Maybe it was all just a dream.

11. We had wonderful weather the past few days but it was w-a-y up today - it hit
95. After glorious days in the low 80's, it really seemed hot! My poor plants.

12. The Kern County Fair is ongoing. We haven't been in ages. There are way too
many gang-bangers and it ruins it for everyone. And you never know what the
weather is going to be like! I love the corn dogs, funnel cake and cinnamon rolls
and I love looking at the livestock. Does it bother anyone that those poor kids
raise those critters from birth then have to sell them? I never used to think
about things like that.

13. I admit to being lame. Survivor starts tomorrow and The Amazing Race is
coming soon!

~~~Blessings to all and to all, a good night~~~

13 comments:

storyteller said...

I enjoyed your ‘rambles’ … hope your migraine continues to recede … I use way too many ellipses (and parentheses) in my posts (and comments) but I seldom apologize for it because it’s part of who I am. LOL

When I had tortoises (in a large grassy yard) I got ‘volunteer tomato plants’ frequently. Kern County Fair … does that mean you live in California (or is there a Kern County elsewhere?) As for Survivor and the Amazing Race … I watch neither, but I hear about both in great detail from my sister who DOES watch!
Hugs and blessings,

Traveling Bells said...

My mind often rambles, so I always enjoy reading about other rambles. Let'er rip!

Agree with you on the Larry King softball stuff. What an idiot...as are so many of the TV anchors. I like Fair and Balanced in my news!

Your backyard looks soooo inviting. Hope it stay looking good and not have to be torn up.

Enjoy your river viewing...and ice cream. We used to river raft a lot, but haven't in quite awhile. I think it has to do with bad knees! Big hugzzzzzzzz

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

gracie it is 40 here this morning!!! i am freezing. yikes!

i let nancy see her new boyfriend, you know what she said? does he like hotdogs? ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Sarge Charlie said...

I almost shot the TV when the no spin zone announced that Larry King gave this Idiot some air time and asked him no real questions. Maybe that is why no one watches Larry, he is so over the edge. I have a Sapsucker here for sure.

Desert Songbird said...

The 4H thing with the kids and the animals has always bugged me. I mean, I love my bacon and steaks, but it's still sad when you think about it. Those farm kids are raised with the reality of it, though. They know what they're doing.

Oh, and fair food? Yum! So bad for you, but so yummy.

Linda said...

I love rambling posts like this and am inspired to do one of my own rather than post more vacation pictures! Perhaps I shall do just that!

Thanks for all of the advice on Solaris, I just may give it a go and speaking of going - go to the fair and have a corn dog or some fried dough - it will do wonderful things for your outlook on life and maybe even help to fully restore that sense of humor that you haven't really lost, just misplaced!

Love you, Gracie!

Desert Songbird said...

How ironic is this: I'm watching a repeat of Home Improvement, and it's the episode where they all fly from Detroit to Kernville, CA to go river rafting.!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Oh no, now I am craving short ribs! Happy TT =)

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

I have volunteer tomatoes every year!!!! They sometimes come up in the oddes places - this year we had one start in the sand betweeen the patio blocks!

Love the Amazing Race...

Travis Cody said...

I used to have a banging sense of humor too. But these days I can't remember the last joke that made me laugh.

david santos said...

Hello, Gracie!
Good inspiration!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!

Deborah Wilson said...

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad makes people nervous....with his two track mind on Isreal and Nuclear power. It seems that the Jewish and Catholic Communities didn't take his visit to U.S. very well.

I wonder what they think about Larry King doing the interview?

(I can't spell his name either, had to look it up.)

Diplomacy is losing ground - now N. Korea is starting their nuke program back up - just what we need more nuclear capablities. No one needs nuclear capabilites. There's too much danger for the destruction of man. My greatest fear is that one day some idiot is going to push the button...

But at least you go fast - much better than smallpox or a super flu.

Callie Ann said...

I need a good short rib recipe.. How did you cook them.. Big Hint for Recipe