IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Monday, January 17, 2011

Greetings from Fogville...





Well, we're kinda socked in with Tulle ("toolie") Fog.  Nasty stuff, really, as it causes major accidents, and the air quality control folks have your neighbors rat you out if you dare light a fire.  Since our air quality is so bad, I do kinda get that, but what's a cold, drippy, foggy night without the option of a roaring fire?  Okay, I don't even have a fireplace...but wouldn't it be nice?

I made some nice hot chai tea and munched on some cinnamon crisps.  Totally decadent woman that I am, I even chewed off a bit of dark chocolate, consoling myself that it's all for my health.

I took off yesterday for my second venture to Costco because they didn't have my meds Friday.  On the way home, I meandered through downtown B-town with my trusty little camera.  It was grey and drippy - a perfect day for some architectural shots.  We have some lovely old buildings here.  There were no people to speak of so I didn't care if I looked foolish hopping out here and there, but, as luck would have it, my battery went dead.  I did get a couple of really neat shots I'll post later.

I know you all back east, except for you Floridians, are suffering with all of the really cold stuff, so I'll quit my bellyaching.  But you all know how I prefer the cold to the heat (sorry, Sandee and Bee!!!). 

I hope the week ahead treats all of you well and may blessings abound!

(Reading a very good book:  "Just Do Something, a Liberating Approach to Finding God's Will, or How to Make a Decision Without Dreams, Visions, Fleeces, Impressions, Open Doors, Random Bible Verses, Casting Lots, Liver Shivers, Writing in the Sky, Etc." ---Kevin De Young)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like an intersting book you're reading. I hate those rey fog days sometimes. They seem to always hit me during a low mood., making it worse.

Hope the fog lifts soon. HUGS.

Traveling Bells said...

I prefer the warm weather too. Not hot, just warm. Fog, not so much. Get one of those fireplace DVDs and you can enjoy a fireless fireplace any time you want to:)

Big hugs, honey...

Sandee said...

I'm in the same fog you are Gracie. I don't like all this gloomy weather. I love the warmth just like Empress Bee does. Soon.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

Regina said...

Greetings..hey, really enjoyed hearing from you and glad you posted!! (that gets tough to do sometimes)..My husband stepped outside this morning and said "oh, the "VOG" is bad! See, unlike you..we get volcanic emissions (sitting on a live volcano). Someone asked me to post something as they didn't realize it. (I have but it's been awhile). But your photo looks like T.Kenkade? only with that car (lol). That is wild..I never heard of such a law! We used to have a brick fire place too and I have fond memories of it. My mom used to stick these old plastic flowers over the mantal above it (snicker)..now I'm watching myself and all my strange little habits! Hey, so Knotts- wow..goodness, what interesting history. Your Grandma kept Myna's their? I'd love to hear more about it..what a charming place! Well, then you sure know they talk (grin). Your bird (cokatile) is 19yrs..gee. (smart alec whistles back) My love bird is 10yrs and those Myna's are just a few now. My son picked them up (3)(cough) (working on his friends house)..He needs a slap but I suppose I deserve the biggest for taking them in!
I'll be looking forward to your pictures..
oh, that book looks really interesting too!
Chocolate and cinnamon crisps does sound cozy...till later~

LAC said...

I didn't even see the car in the water in that pick until just a second ago as the comment box appeared. That is too funny, wonder what Thomas Kinkade would think?!

That fog sounds nasty, no doubt our neighbors would be ratting us out daily. We burn alot of paper garbage and they wouldn't appreciate that, I am sure.

Hope you have a great week!

Linda said...

Oh, I remember Tulle fog all too well from my days in Stockton and how cold it made everything. Darned stuff would seep right into your bones and then you couldn't warm up for love or money it seemed. I hated that stuff! Worst part was, it would stick around for what seemed like forever and make everyone so depressed. Yep, I know exactly what you're talking about!

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the buildings you took pictures of! I can only imagine how neat they must look shrouded in that nasty fog. Hey, at least it's good for something, right?

Callie Ann said...

yep I am thinking Oregon would be good for your home. We have places like that where people just wander drive right off into the river... I would freak out

Linda said...

I had to come back here and relook at that picture to see what I missed and then smack myself upside the head at the car in the water! I was so busy looking at the cottage and the lights, I totally DID NOT see the car! Sheesh, funny how our eyes just get drawn to one thing and miss the rest!