IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Saturday, February 03, 2007

A Walk on the Dark Side...

Since I started this blog as a source of therapy, and now that I've met so many wonderful, funny and vibrant people, I don't want to muddy the waters and bring everyone down. So, I've opted to start another blog...a walk on the dark side of me. I've decided to call it "Echoes in the Night."
If depression or bipolar disorder has been a problem for you, I invite you to join me. If not, you'll probably not enjoy this walk in the dark because there's very little moonlight shining on the path.

But the whole concept is to keep walking toward the light until the day that the blog becomes inactive and unnecessary. In the meantime, I plan on continuing to have a ball right here and now!

6 comments:

Barb said...

I don't see anything wrong with posting your real life issues intermingled with the other things.. but I understand that you might want to keep them separate.

番薯叶娃娃 said...

keep going...

^.^

Heart of Rachel said...

I hope that you'll continue to walk towards your goal and I wish you great days ahead. Take care!

Katie said...

that's a great blog name. but I have to agree with skittles about intermingling the content. everyone has bad days. and maybe a bad week when you forget to take your meds. I hate it when I forget. I always do and you would think that would be the one thing I could remember.

looking forward to seeing it. :)

Puss-in-Boots said...

My brother has bipolar disorder so I know what it's about. It took years, but he is finally on minimum medication and as long as he takes that, he's fine.

When he has one of his dark days, he just wishes to be left to come out of it and that's what we do. We're here when he comes back to us and I think he's grateful for that.

I think it is a good idea, for you, to have a separate post for your up and down days. You won't feel like posting "down" stuff on your normal blog and vice versa. This way, you can be as down as you like and those of us who know what you're going through will understand.

Hooroo for now.

Clare said...

My mum is bipolar and currently in the process of having a manic period, I think. It scares the bejeezus out of me, but it helps to read about other people's experiences.

PS: I found this blog through Liz & Harvey's blog, if you're wondering!