IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Friday, January 11, 2008



APPETIZER:
What is your middle name?
I don't have a middle name! My maiden name had tons of syllables and was not easy to pronounce (think Schwartzenager!), so my parents didn't bother with a middle name.
Would you change any of your names if you could?
I do not care for my first name (not Gracie...)
but after so many years, I'm stuck with it!
If so, what would you like to be called?
Hey, you?
SOUP:
If you were a fashion designer, which fabrics, colors, and styles would you probably use the most?
I'm very tactile so I'd use silks, velvets, suedes, and soft woolens; I love color but especially browns, blacks and grays as a backdrop for jewel tones (sapphire, amethyst, ruby); I like tailored clothes and nothing fru-fru!
SALAD:
What is your least favorite chore, and why?
Cleaning toilets. No explanation needed...
MAIN COURSE:
What is something that really frightens you, and can you trace it back to an event in your life?
Fortunately, I don't have many fears, but the thing I dread the most is losing a loved one. Yes, I can trace it back to losing my dad at 21, my first husband at 30, my mom at 42. I treasure every day with my family.
DESSERT:
Where are you sitting right now?
In my recliner in the den.
Name 3 things you can see at this moment.
Beside my laptop screen, I can see the TV, my dog and my favorite painting.

11 comments:

Gattina said...

You use your laptop in your recliner ? Don't fall asleep ! I just got up, lol !

Forgetfulone said...

I'll clean your toilets if you'll do my grocery shopping! Sound like a fair trade?

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful feast, Gracie (or whoever you really are, lol) My Mom doesn't have a middle name either, not sure why, but maybe they ran out, or maybe it because she's so tiny. haha.

Anonymous said...

Woofunderful feast. Lots of tasty bits here. Have a wonderful weekend.

Linda said...

I'm with you on the nothing fru-fru and I love your color choices!

Patti said...

Hey! We have the same salad! Yuck! :) Have a super weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Great feast! Now tell me about your favorite painting...

Sandee said...

Not playing this week but wanted to comment. I know your first name and I can bet I know why you don't like it. Enough said about that.

I don't like cleaning toilets either.

You are so right about family Gracie. I feel exactly the same. Big hug honey and you have a great FF and weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

A lovely feast.
I like your soup.
Agree, treasure everyday with your family.
My feast is up!

Desert Songbird said...

Hey you. I'm not a fan of the salad either. I think it comes from having "worshiped" too many of them during my college years.

Ugh.

Travis Cody said...

I like to sit on my sofa in front of the tv with my laptop, especially when I watch the games.