IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Fire and Water

Fire and water - two different elements that don't mix well. It's a good description of someone who has depression "issues." There are times I just can't stay in the game and need to go away for a while. I'm NOT seeking sympathy, honestly, but feel that sometimes an explanation may be necessary. I usually put my "blue notes" on my other blog in order to keep this one somewhat light in nature, but for all of you of whom I am very fond - you need to know why
I've been absent lately. It's not just blogging - it's kinda life in general.

Just so everyone knows I'm really okay, here's a little something special:

THREE WOMEN , TWO YOUNGER, AND ONE SENIOR CITIZEN, WERE SITTING NAKED IN ASAUNA. SUDDENLY THERE WAS A BEEPING SOUND. THE YOUNG WOMAN PRESSED HER FOREARM ANDTHE BEEP STOPPED. THE OTHERS LOOKED AT HER QUESTIONINGLY. "THAT WAS MY PAGER," SHE SAID. I HAVE A MICROCHIP UNDER THE SKIN OF MY ARM. A FEW MINUTES LATER, A PHONE RANG. THE SECOND YOUNG WOMAN LIFTED HER PALM TOHER EAR. WHEN SHE FINISHED, SHE EXPLAINED, "THAT WAS MY MOBILE PHONE. IHAVE A MICROCHIP IN MY HAND." THE OLDER WOMAN FELT VERY LOW-TECH. NOT TO BE OUT DONE, SHE DECIDED SHE HADTO DO SOMETHING JUST AS IMPRESSIVE. SHE STEPPED OUT OF THE SAUNA AND WENT TOTHE BATHROOM. SHE RETURNED WITH A PIECE OF TOILET PAPER HANGING FROM HERREAR END. THE OTHERS RAISED THEIR EYEBROWS AND STARED AT HER. THE OLDER WOMAN FINALLY SAID.........WELL, WILL YOU LOOK AT THAT... I'M GETTING A FAX!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. GORGEOUS!

Desert Songbird said...

I'm not here often because your site doesn't feed to Google Reader, and I never know when you have a new post, so I only come around when I see your comments start popping up everywhere.

Don't sweat the issues, Gracie. We all have something; I think that's why we blog, right? We need an outlet.

Oh, and the joke? Cute, cute!

Mo and The Purries said...

Hi sweetie,
glad to know you got my fax!
:)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

love you honey and LOVE the joke too! be well and come around when you can.

smiles, bee
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Sandee said...

What everyone said is pretty much what I was thinking. Just know that I love you and it's okay if you have to go away for a while.

Loved the joke. I got a visual and that made it even funnier. Big hug sweetie. :)

Travis Cody said...

Be sure to take care of you for as long as you need. We'll be around.

The picture is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Big hugs. Left you a note on your other blog... in the entry Three Funerals.

We were both in the same "place" at the same time.

Peace, my friend.