IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Krap on a Stick

Norma Jean

Spike on a Stick

Spike loves to sit and look out the window but not from my plants!  Something spooked him and off he went.

Ya know, I've gotta be more careful - I posted those baby owl pics because I thought they were so darned cute, but I didn't realize that I sounded whiny until I read the comments.  Sheesh.  What with all a lot of you are going through right now, I'm sure as heck not gonna crab about a headache! 

The top photo is my daughter's Shiba Inu, Norma Jean (they're like a miniature Akita).  I laughed really hard because my grandson, Kyle, named her not having a clue who Norma Jean was!  I guess it's the name of some rock band, and that's why he chose it.  I don't think the real Norma Jean was this hairy.... 

The baby had to go to dog school today.  He's really doing well with the sit/stay/leave it/down/ and all of those dog-type commands.  But boy, is he a pill!  He'll get ahold of something he knows he's not supposed to have, he'll look at you, at if you make a move, he's out the door running around the yard, daring you to come get it/him.  He's a real "slimer," too.  Just loves to give kisses!  He acts a lot like a cat and he likes to settle in the chair on the back of my neck - which is really kinda nice 'cause he's warm - but he slimes you.  Slurp...

Daughter #1, Leah, and her hubby, Bob, are on their way back to OK after a two week trek.  She posted on FB that they hit winds so bad in AZ they had to pull off-road (they have a humongous RV).  I guess they were stuck several hours - now they're driving through the night to get home so they'll be ready for work Monday.  They work at the Federal Prison in El Reno OK.  Leah works in the accounting office and Bob's a CO.  Boy, the stories they can tell, only they're very careful not to name names, darn it.  When they first started working together in the prison system I didn't like it at all.  I didn't want her to see the sort of stuff they see in a prison situation but she's very matter-of-fact about it and doesn't let the gnarlier stuff get to her.  She had to qualify on weaponry which also makes me feel better.  Back in Victorville, she actually got overtime by working on the guard towers.  Did you all know that the toilet facilities in those guard towers are quite primative since they can't leave the site?  Wouldn't work for me, guys.  

Well, I'm gonna sign off and read for a while.  I've been reading "The Murderer's Daughters," by Randy Susan Meyers.  Pretty good so far.  I am seriously thinking about getting a Kindle.  I still have very mixed feelings about that whole concept, but if I can still read in the bathroom I'm okay!

Have a blessed Sunday, everyone!

Little snot had that geranium in his mouth....

6 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

at first i thought the bird was a leaf! ha ha, they are all adorable honey. i don't like the slobber though but love the dogs. have a lovely day honey!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Traveling Bells said...

Aww, Little Snot is sooo cute!

Have a terrific Sunday. Big hugs, honey...

Linda said...

Love the title of this post!

Your pup sounds like a lot of teenagers I know what with the saying 'no' but off they go with it anyway! That and suspiciously like Tesla who is real good at giving you that "I don't think so" look!

Hope you have a lovely Sunday in your part of the country!

Anonymous said...

Well I didn't think you were whining... migraines really do suck. I'm blessed that I have not had one in a while. Mine are mostly triggered by severe stress. It takes at least a week to go away when I get one.

You sure have cute furry babies!

I still haven't caved for the whole Kindle thing. I just like a real book too much.

Big hugs :]

Sandee said...

I love the title of your post. I'm guessing Empress Bee will too. Just saying.

I didn't think you were whining in your last post.

Have a terrific day Gracie. Big hug. :)

Zane D. Clark said...

Working in the prison system is a good job. Darlin and I worked in local detention (county). Darlin for her career and me for most of mine.

Beautiful pictures.
z