IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Sad Birthday

I haven't gotten back in "the groove" as I'd hoped.  It's been hot - who doesn't know that!  I've been fretting too much and worrying too much - about things I can't change.  Lots of unnecessary wheels spinning around and they're smoking! 

You've all been very gracious about our loss.  I cannot thank you all enough for your kind words and wonderful expressions of sorrow.  My daughter and her hubby received Robby's personal belongings from the base, along with his car.  I haven't spoken to them recently but saw it posted on FB.  I can imagine it wasn't easy going through all of the things he had with him, especially since he'd been away from home for 3, almost 4 years. 

Today Robby would have been 22 years old. 



The Bible Says Life is But a Vapor....

"The wind is blowing forward, forward and forward. Out of this day, into the next, out of this week, into the following one, and from this year into another. Try as we might to hold onto the sycamores, and whatever familiar landscapes surround us, gradually we lose our grip and are swept forward into a river of tomorrows."

-----Herb Benham, The Bakersfield Californian

9 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

Hey Gracie, I have a big hug for you.

Anonymous said...

Focus on the good that Robby brought to your life. Celebrate his birth and the fact you got to meet and love this fine young man.

Hugs and lots of love, my friend.

Callie Ann said...

But God has an angel in heaven that looks down and say Grandma I love you!. Happy Thoughts Gracie... may the heat stop bothering you... phew... I like 75 degrees bestest.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh honey i am heartbroken for you...

hugs, bee
oxoxoxoxo

Sandee said...

A sad day indeed honey. Super big hugs. :)

Traveling Bells said...

It is a sad day for sure. I am typing with a huge lump in my throat, and sending you cyber hugs from my heart to yours...

Levon said...

Hi Miss Gracie!

I am sorry that loss and sorrow overshadowed Robbie's birthday. I hope and pray that, soon, the memories of love, laughter, and life with Robbie will dispel these clouds and illumine your heart and home.

Please excuse the iterative posts I sent the other day (that was an accident). When I sent my note the first time, my computer froze, and I feared that my message did not reach you. So, I tried to remember my thoughts and wrote you again.

I have another song for you that I hope will help -"Strong Hand Of Love" by Mark Heard (Bruce Cockburn's cover is my favorite).

Peace.

Levon

Linda said...

Sending you a big hug a little late but with as much meaning as it would have had if I'd been here on time.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers always!

Levon said...

Hi Miss Gracie:

Just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you. I hope you are doing ok and that the Summer heat has not been too oppressive.

Here, life keeps going round and round, bringing joy, love, surprises, and at times, a few headaches. Work continues to busy- which is a mixed blessing. I would like to have a break soon, but given the current economic situation, I appreciate my customers' continued need for our baked goods to satisfy their sweet tooth/teeth.

I pray for all of you.

Levon