IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Camera Critters


This is my buddy, Spike. He is the nosiest little creature - he wants to go where you go and do what you do! He loves opera and rock and rock. He keeps tempo with the music by bobbing his head up and down. They call cockatiels the clowns of the bird world and boy, are they right!

He's 17 years old and most cockatiels live between 20-25 years. We're hoping to break the record!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gracie, Spike is a very handsome fellow! Cockatiels are great birds and super pets aren't they? I hope you break the record with Spike. He looks like a cool dude!

Lara said...

how cute he is!!!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

he sure is a cute little guy but i am still afraid of birds! i wish i wasn't...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Adrienne Zwart said...

Oh, he's very cute! I really like the bright orange patch on his cheek.

Patti said...

Spike is so cute. I didn't know cockatiels were considered clowns!

Travis Cody said...

I've always thought it would be cool to have a bird.

Desert Songbird said...

I had no idea that cockatiels lived that long! I'm not sure I could live with the noise; my kids are noisy enough for me. *grin*

Sandee said...

Him are a pretty boy too. I hope you break a record too honey.

Have a great day. Big hug. :)

{K} said...

Aw, he's cute!!