IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Manic Monday - Sale

Okay, I'll admit it - I love a sale as much as the next guy! But these days, I look for them online. Saving money is a real good thing, especially now, but I'm really out of shape. That means hurdling towards that awesome sweater I've always wanted is out of the question. Instead of out-sprinting someone in JC Penneys, I'll go to the internet. More than likely, I'll find something similar at much less loss of sanity and self-respect!

5 comments:

Traveling Bells said...

The 'cardinal sin' in the Bell household is to pay retail for anything:) I love to have my fingers do the walking...not a mall person! Good luck on finding that puurrrfect sweater! Big hugzzz...

Durward Discussion said...

Not being blessed with the shopping gene, the internet is a godsend. Wish for your New Year: May you find nothing but sale items all in the right size.

maryt/theteach said...

Hi Grace, Happy New Year! And Happy MM day! :)

Maggie Moo said...

I do a lot of online shopping too-mostly b/c I can't find good plus sized clothing in stores these days. I like it, but get sad when it doesn't fit right and I have to return it and wait again!

Happy MM.

Linda said...

I've got to echo Jamie here - I've not been blessed with the shopping gene either and I consider that a good thing! I have never sprinted through a store or struggled with another shopper over an item in my life and I'm proud to say that!

Spending a day in the mall is my idea of spending a day in purgatory!