IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Monday, January 05, 2009

Leon Panetta??? What's Up With That????


Okay, I'm a conservative. I wasn't a happy camper when Mr. Obama won the election. But he is going to be MY president and I have been praying that God will bless him and the decisions he must make.

But...(you knew it was coming, didn't you?). I'm very disappointed in his selection of Panetta
as head of the C.I.A. The reason? What are his qualifications?!? I understand that Mr. Obama wants to make appointments that do not echo President Bush. Okay, I get it. But please choose someone - and I don't care if it's a democrat - but please make a wise decision here. We need a strong person with intelligence experience, now more than ever.

I don't mean to be snarky, but now I'm wondering if the "Maui-Wowie" was a little too strong while the President-Elect while he was in Hawai'i.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Like you, I am hoping for the best when it comes to our new President and his Administration but I don't know about a lot of his choices. For a guy who proclaimed "Change" was coming, all I see are a lot of people from the Clinton Administration stepping back up to the plate.

I did a post on the Obamas myself today - a first for me as I try to sidestep anything of a political nature but this one I guess is more, er, "entertaining".

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i have no hope for this administration so i don't guess i'll be too disappointed, will i? change? har har...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxooxxo

Sandee said...

I just see a Clinton administration. As I recall many of use cheered when Clinton left office.

I don't see any change at all. We will just have another Clinton run White House. That's what I see.

Have a terrific day honey. Love you to pieces. :)

Sarge Charlie said...

Yo Gracie, I mean to be snarky. This is his biggest blunder so far, hang in there, it will get worse.