IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Manic Monday - Clue

Sung to a strain of the blues...minor chord

Too many days go by, feelin' like I haven't got a clue;
Days I lie around the house, feelin' down and blue.
Then the dates on the calendar fly by way too fast,
And then all of a sudden, 'nother birthday has gone past.


I got the birthday blues, feelin' old and clueless;
Got the birthday blues, all alone and useless.
Feelin' like a granny with my hair up in a bun;
Walkin' like a loser, feelin' like I'm done...

Switchin' from a minor key to one that's major C;
Readin' words and feelin' that the blues are killin' me.
Gonna take a clue from people who are feelin' mighty fine;
And tell myself bein' clueless is just a state of mind!

No more birthday blues and feelin' old and clueless;
Got no more birthday blues, not alone and useless.
Gonna pick up my troubles and pack 'em in a bag,
Throw 'em in the river - now it's my turn to brag!

No more birthday blues and feelin' old and clueless....
fade...

Please visit MO, the originator of this meme, Manic Monday...

15 comments:

Queenie said...

what great lyrics, I'm just taking my hair out of the bun.

Gattina said...

I didn't know that you have a bun enthrowned on your head, lol ! And don't forget with each year we become wiser !! and don't have all these silly worries when we were teenagers ! Now how wise are you ?

Anonymous said...

nice song! perfect for the theme and an energizer for monday morning.

Anonymous said...

Gracie's Blues Clue?
Bwahahahahaha!

Carrie said...

Awesome riff, Gracie! :) I could hear the guitars in my head while I was reading, it was fun!

Durward Discussion said...

Great little Monday clue poem. It immediately reminded me of the old Carpenters song:


What Ive got they used to call the blues
Nothing is really wrong
Feeling like I dont belong
Walking around some kind of lonely clown
Rainy days and mondays always get me down

Janna said...

Nice! I should have sung this to myself back in January. :)

Sarge Charlie said...

you are far from clueless, I have a new young mother on my sidebar, "waiting on august" her husband just went to Iraq, she needs a hug now and then....

Mo and The Purries said...

you have a clue as how to make me smile: :)

love ya,
mo

Sandee said...

Well done Gracie. Sometimes we just need to remind ourselves how we should be feeling. Have a great MM my friend. :)

Maggie Moo said...

Very clever my Gracie! However, you can never be a loser, no matter how blue you are!!

Anonymous said...

aww, don't feel blue--you have friends here to cheer you up (if this song applies to you, hope not). Great post :)

Unknown said...

Excellent entry, Gracie. You´re a lucky one you couldn´t hear me singing =)

Please come over and find out if you have a clue where we´ll be living soon ♥

Travis Cody said...

I like the way this little song ends...with positive determination.

Happy MM!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sorry to be late! you are such a special one my dear!!

smiles, bee