IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Holidays!


Okay, that's just not me. I choke trying to say "Happy Holidays." I know a lot of folks feel like they're left out. There are Jewish folks (to whom I do wish "Happy Hanukka"), there are Muslim folks, Pagan folks, agnostics and atheists. I respect their right to abstain from wishing me a Merry Christmas, but by gum, I'm a Christian (and even though I know all of the history of the holiday and realize we do not know the date, etc., etc.,) we have set this day aside to acknowledge the birth of the Christ. It is a time of wonderment and joy. I always listen to Handel's Messiah and relive the days when I was part of a large choir, which sang a goodly portion of this glorious body of work, and sing along in my now froggy voice. It is a time of going to midnight services and the reading of the scriptures. It is the foundation of my faith, and so, I wish all of you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS.

8 comments:

Sandee said...

It's not Happy Holidays Gracie, it's Merry Christmas. For us that's what it is.

So, I wish you and yours a very MERRY CHRISTMAS. Big hug. :)

Linda said...

For me it's Merry Christmas, too, and I wish you and yours a very, very merry one - especially considering that Jill gets to go home on Christmas Eve which is a true blessing!

limo hire said...

I just wanted to wish to everyone ...
Happy New Year and Merry X Mas.

Amazing Gracie said...

Guess I won't be renting any limos from the UK anytime soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Gracie! And such wonderful news about your DIL!

Big Hugs ♥xo

Traveling Bells said...

A very Merry Christmas from our home to yours! And what a blessing to hear the good news about Jill. I have soo missed reading your blog. We arrive at home tomorrow. Whew! Big hugs...

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

I am so happy that Jill is able to be home for Christmas - being around the ones you love is the best medicine and the greatest gift. I will offer a prayer of Thanksgiving for Jill and all of you at Christmas eve mass.
I wish you and your family joy, peace, and love this Christmas and in the coming year.

Levon

Anonymous said...

Of course, what a great site and informative posts, I will add backlink - bookmark this site? Regards, Reader.