IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Echoes from December 6, 2005



Sleep the Blues Away

DEPRESSION
Fear, anger and self-doubt, loathing. Thoughts bouncing in and out like dandelions on the wind. Constant worry and anxiety about anything and everything. Doctors, psychiatrists, counselors. Multiple bottles of medications.
I have difficulty sleeping even with all the pharmachology coursing through my bloodstream. My pastor tells me to read the Bible more then I'll feel better. Would he say that to a parishoner with diabetes? I think not!

I fell asleep sometime in February and awoke in April, only to have my strength drained again when Douglas died. I fell asleep again sometime in June, unable to work, sleeping all the way through fall and early winter. My body is unable to function as well as my brain. I have succeeded in isolating myself from all those who care about me. What have I gained?

No comments: