IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Echoes of the New Year


Echoes from another journal...

A New Beginning? 2006

The new year came in with wonderful, beautiful, refreshing rain - lots of it. I kept going outside, sitting on the winter-time patio which is dishevelved and untidy, just like I've been feeling inside. I kept having visions of the rain washing away the cobwebs that have taken up residence in my soul.

Resolutions? Not really. They'd be too many to list, anyway. I feel as though I'm starting to get a handle on the dreaded depression that has totally overwhelmed me this year. Getting outside of myself would definitely be beneficial. Living in the sunshine and moving out of the shadows and skipping in the rain; laughing more often, loving more deeply and living more successfully. Now, that's realistic.
The Lord is in His holy temple. What can go wrong?

No comments: