IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Echos from Bali Hai


The echos have bounced off the cliffs of the Napali Coast and are lingering in my ears. It's been two years since we were there but I can still see it in my mind's eye. We sailed by this spot by boat and then took the helicopter overhead. Breathtaking...

My kids are over on the big island of Hawai'i this week and I am full of envy but am thrilled they're able to return again. We mainlanders would all pack up in a heartbeat and move lock, stock and barrel if we could. It was 110 degrees here, according to our themometer and that's too hot for man nor beast. I drink my iced tea, turn the fan on higher, dribble ice down my face and pretend it's mist from a waterfall.

No comments: