IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

13 Weird Things You May NOT Want to Know...

1. I had a pet alligator when I was a kid. It was given to me - we did the best we could, my dad even took it to the vet, who coached us in the care and feeding, but he didn't live long. Another case against exotic pets!

2. My pet hen, Nancy, ran off a stray dog.

3. I have eaten fried grasshoppers.

4. I have shot skeet.

5. I have had my bowling ball land in another lane and screw up a guy's spare. He was NOT
happy. I have also gone halfway down the lane with the ball. I was not happy.

6. I used to be able to throw a mean power shift and get scratch in 2ND gear.

7. I made model airplanes and military ships when I should have been playing with dolls.

8. I never used to be afraid of public speaking.

9. I "smuggled" a bottle of liquor and some cigarettes back over the border from Mexico to the U.S. under my maternity dress . We had a girl from Belgium with us who didn't have her papers with her. DUMB teenagers!!!

10. My CB handle was "Mother Nature."

11. We used to wear hairpieces in the '60's, similar to what the girls wear today. I was crossing a parking lot, the wind whipped up and whoosh! Off went the hairpiece. As I chased it, so did some rotten boys - in their car. Yes, they ran over it. Several times.

12. I have never smoked pot but I would endorse it for medical reasons.

13. I have been on a snipe hunt. He,he,he...I wasn't the hunter!


8 comments:

Mo and The Purries said...

From fried grasshoppers to skeet shootin' to snipe hunting!
You've had a great life!
I especially love the bit about the hen running off the dog! :)
Great TT!
cheers,
mo
It’s A Blog Eat Blog World

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

buwhahahahaha... I can see that hair piece now flying in the wind ... buwhahahahah...

I too have been snipe hunting... growing up in a small community of 365 people we did a lot of crazy things...

Desert Songbird said...

[[snort, snort, giggle, giggle]]

Girl, you shore 'nuff have lived a fun life! Snipe huntin' - that brings back fun memories! (reminds me of cow tipping...)

Dean aka Sgt Dub said...

Grace, hehe, yes, the snipe in Oklahoma grow to a pretty good size, still don't need a hunting license for them either. great TT.

Constance said...

Hope you have a great Thursday, Gracie! Interesting list ! I love finding out a little about each-other !

whimsical brainpan said...

Nice job!

Most people don't know it but chickens can be very mean.

Travis Cody said...

You have been around the block, haven't ya???

Unknown said...

*LOL* I love #9 + #11
Thanks for sharing those lovely memories. great fun!