IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Cat With an Attitude (or ???)

I came in the house to grab a quick bite to eat during our "plantathon," and was sitting in the den with the two dogs asleep on the floor at my feet. A movement over by the "doggie" door caught my eye - it was a cat staring right at me! Now, there isn't a square inch in the backyard where the girls haven't "peed," and I can't imagine any self-respecting cat even coming into the backyard, let alone peek in through the doggie door!

I figure this kitty has a humongous attitude or maybe his elevator doesn't quite go all the way to the top! We're still staring at each other and Katie wakes up and sees him looking in in the house through "HER" door, and bingo - she's up and after that kitty! Of course, that got Zoe going and poor kitty is making a beeline for the fence! Up and over!

The girls would never hurt a kitty...they're used to my daughter's cats because they go visiting with us. But I must confess, I've never seen a cat quite that bold (or dense!). Kinda reminded me of "Get Fuzzy," one of my favorite comic strips. I love that bad cat, Bucky, with an attitude!

15 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

You are the newest winner of my
Great American Award, stop by and take a peek, I tried to send the HTML vie E-mail, do not know if it worked. Let me know if you did get it.

Constance said...

Good Sunday morning Gracie !
Bucky is definitely the coolest cartton cat ever !
I admire the audacity of cats - they are so comofrtable in assuming they belong and have a right to investigate whatever tickles their fancy !

Constance said...

sigh, typo again -- cartoon

Constance said...

and 'comofortable' -- auggghh ! I need spell check !

Akelamalu said...

I bet kitty doesn't come back in a hurry after that chase!

Dean aka Sgt Dub said...

Congrats on the Great American Award. Cats are very interesting animals, they never cease to amaze you.

Barb said...

Hahaa.. I can picture the whole thing!

Rita Loca said...

That is funny!!! Lol

Linda said...

Sounds like something my stupid cat would do - she has 'catitude' plus!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

If you want to see a "cat" with an attitude you should see ours...He has something against me. He loves my husband but I guess sees me as a threat!! He has now bite me 6 times!! The last time was very bad and required a doctor visit...YES, I know what you are thinking...He needs a NEW HOME!! Yes we know that and yes we are working on that. It is just tough because he and my hubby are quite the friends...You did have a very brave cat to just walk in there with your dogs...bet he never returns. Sandy

Sandee said...

AG, I love "Get Fuzzy" too. It has been my favorite cartoon for a long time.

Travis Cody said...

Mr Curious Cat certainly got his questions answered about that door, didn't he?

whimsical brainpan said...

I am not at all surprised. That was a very cat-like thing to do. The first cat I ever "owned" walked into my house and made itself right at home. I guess he knew something we didn't.

Crazy Working Mom said...

*LOL* That's a funny story. I could see it happening as well!
Glad no cat was harmed in the making of this story. :)

Heart of Rachel said...

Oh my, that's quite a brave and very curious cat to go peeking at someone else's door.