IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Palm Sunday Blessings

For Palm Sunday
Lord Jesus Christ, Lord of lords and King of kings, on Palm Sunday in the long ago the multitudes at Jerusalem hailed Thee with their glad "Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!" But a few days later the people shouted their angry "Crucify Him! Crucify Him!" O God, forbid that I should ever be so unfaithful to Thee, my Savior.
Abide in my heart, Lord Jesus, and rule as my Lord and King. enable me, I pray Thee, by Thy Holy Spirit to remain steadfast in my loyalty to Thee. Keep me also from presumptuous sins, lest I crucify Thee anew with unholy living. Above all the temptations of the unbelieving world, let me hear Thy gracious promise, "Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."
Hear my prayer, Lord Jesus! Amen
From "My Prayer Book"
Concordia Publishing House
Saint Louis, Missouri - 1957

9 comments:

Dean aka Sgt Dub said...

Wow, I completely forgot it was Palm Sunday. Heck, here we forget it's Sunday all together. May you have a wonderful day.

Simply Coll said...

Wishing you a peaceful Palm Sunday.

Constance said...

Have a good Sunday, Gracie !

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Gracie. Palm Sunday is a lovely tradition. Looking at all those lovely palm fronds waving in the air is a sight to behold. We call the palm fronds, "palaspas" here.

Linda said...

Wishing you a blessed day out there on the West Coast!

Sarge Charlie said...

I am so happy you can keep Dub in step with the days of the week, oh well when you work 7 days per week one tends to forget what days it is.

Desert Songbird said...

Blessings on you and yours this most Holy Week, Gracie!

eph2810 said...

Amen, Gracie :) -

Blessings to your Palm Sunday and always...

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Palm Sunday is almost over now but Easter is coming!! Jesus rose from the DEAD...Praise God!!
Sandy