IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Friday is Feastin' Time!

Friday, March 09, 2007
Feast One Hundred and Thirty Four

Appetizer

What is your usual bedtime? Do you like that, or would you rather it be different?
***I am and have always been, a creature of the night. I go to bed sometime between 1 and 2:00 am. I'm okay with that. Because of my physical problems I sleep in my recliner and usually doze off to the music channel (Soundscapes). When I worked, it was usually 11:00 to bed and up at 5:45. UGH.

Soup

When it comes to advice, do you give more or receive more?
***Oh, is this an easy one! I am more than willing to receive but I am usually the giver, mainly because I'm the reader in the family.

Salad
Describe a memorable meal you've had.
***There have been so many! How to choose! Because my son-in-law, Doug, loved food so much, and was such a gourmand, I'd have to choose one of the meals we had in Maui. Doug always knew what to order when it came to seafood. We had dinner at a restaurant right on the waterfront one night and the food was heavenly! Fresh as fresh could possibly be and the presentation was perfect, like something in a gourmet magazine. Every bite was accompanied by an ummmm, and ooooooh. We call it having a "food orgasm." It was that good...

Main Course

Name a work of fiction that affected the way you think about something.
***Not surprisingly, this one is tough! Living in Kern Co., I should say "Grapes of Wrath," after all it's where a lot of the story takes place. But my pick would have to be "Christy," by Catherine Marshall, the wife of Rev. Peter Marshall, who was a Scottish Presbyterian minister who became the chaplain for the U.S. Senate in 1947. I love this story because it's about a young woman of privilege who gives up everything to go and live among the people of the beautiful Smokey Mountains.
Here's a link for the synopsis for Christy.

Dessert

What is your favorite type of fruit juice?
***Iced cold Apple Cider.


7 comments:

Lazy Daisy said...

I loved the book Christy. I had forgotten about it since I read it so long ago. It was a great read though.

Desert Songbird said...

Ooo, the words "ice cold apple cider" took me back to my childhood in Indiana when we used to go to the orchard and hand pick a bushel of apples. Then we'd go back to the shop and buy a gallon of fresh-pressed apple cider. Yum!

Thanks for the memories.

Desert Songbird said...

The photo contest at An Island Life is now accepting votes, and as of now, I'm getting creamed by a couple of cute twin babies. Please click on the link below and vote for me!!!! You can vote once today, once on Saturday, and once on Sunday.

Thank you!
Desert Songbird
The Ice Box

http://islandlife808.com/contestsawards/sticky-a-photo-contest-voting-is-now-open/

Constance said...

That was a lovely feast, Gracie ! Great picture at the top, as well !

I read Christy years ago, and liked it.
Ice cold apple cider, hmmmmm...

Baba said...

The food sounded great !! Nothing like a good meal with good company.My FF is up. Baba

whimsical brainpan said...

Another night owl! I've noticed that a lot of bloggers seem to be night owls.

Have a great weekend!

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Gracie. What a coincidence. I also go to bed around that time.

I love how you stated "food orgasm." By the sound of it, I'm sure it was a great meal worth remembering.

An iced cold apple cider sounds perfect for summer.

Thanks for visiting my feast. I appreciate the comment especially the last line. God bless.