IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Please Buy Me!

We have a new realtor and our first open house is tomorrow - uh, make that today. This photo was taken in November, before the fountain grass died back and before the freeze damaged my Queen Palms (they'll live but they lost a lot of fronds!). We spent the day planting yellow African daisies and deep purple petunias; a variety of impatiens and ferns in the atrium entry; brighter yellow marguerite daisies, cox comb, and some other annuals for needed color spots in the back.
It was close to 80 but breezy and the sky was as blue as it was when the photo was taken.
Tomorrow a.m., it's up early and some window washing. Whooopee! Maybe someone will want to buy my house...
I may not be around until Mo's "Springing" Monday!

11 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Your house looks beautiful, sure you won't have any difficulty selling it!

Barb said...

What a beautiful home! Anyone would be lucky to have it :)

Desert Songbird said...

Oo, a corner lot! Should go pretty well, even in this soft market.

Ron Simpson said...

good luck on selling the house.

I tagged you on a meme on my page!

Travis Cody said...

Good luck with your new realtor!

whimsical brainpan said...

Good luck!

Crazy Working Mom said...

Oh, so beautiful! I would love to live there...but I can't leave my home in Arkansas. I bet it'll go fast!

Amazing Gracie said...

Thanks to ALL of you for your encouraging comments!!! We first listed in July '06, just in time for the market to sour.
We've come down $40k and without some help, we'd be facing foreclosure. I'm going through tremendous guilt over this because it's due to my not being able to work that's put us here. My husband isn't doing that to me - it's what I do to myself!!! I recommend AFLECK to all of you ;^)
I was so sure nothing like this would happen to me...
~~~Blessings~~~

Mo and The Purries said...

That is a great site - love the corner lot planting!
I just heard on the Business Report on the radio this morning -- hip young realtors are now posting virtual tours of houses on YouTube and welcome mat dot com.
Take a video of your house, being really enthusiastic about the great assets -- you're selling the emotional feel of the house.
Hey, whatever works!
cheers,
mo

Helene said...

good luck. Whats the old saying... there is a buyer fore every house. I just went through selling and buying 7 months ago... I dont envy you!

Some thoughts... get rid of all the 'stuff' you can. Even if you have to rent a storage unit or a Pod. It should look almost bare so that the new owners can come in and picture THEIR stuff in there not yours... remove all photographs (they are distracting to the people going through... you want them concetrating on the house not your last vacation =])lol

I could go on and on (I have my real estate license too)but will spare ya! Hope it moves for you and you get what you are asking for it!

cheers! Kate

PS I LOVE the bloggers beach and may swipe it from ya at some point next week!

Dayngr said...

Looks like Florida! It is lovely. Good luck!