IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Monday, March 19, 2007

We've Lost Another Hero...

Services for Army Pfc. Alberto Garcia Jr., 23, of Bakersfield,
are pending.
Garcia died Tuesday, 3/13/07, in Baghdad of wounds suffered from small-arms fire and an improvised bomb. His family lives in Bakersfield.
My prayers go out to the family of this brave young man.
Twelve Kern County servicemen have died in the line of duty since the Sept. 11, 2001,
terrorist attacks.

9 comments:

Linda said...

I salute this young man who gave his life for his country. May his family be comforted knowing that he gave the last full measure that a man can give and that he is now with the other heroes who have gone before him.

Thank you for recognizing his sacrifice.

Travis Cody said...

I thank Pfc Garcia for his service and his sacrifice. My thoughts are with his family.

Gattina said...

I get so angry when I read about soldiers loosing their life so young and for such a stupid war !

Anonymous said...

May God hold this young man's family in the palm of His hand.

Constance said...

I'd like to add my prayers...

Desert Songbird said...

My prayers are with the Garcia family. This is a tough sacrifice for any family to make.

Heart of Rachel said...

I'm sorry to hear that. May God bless his soul.

Dayngr said...

Seeing these day after day is heartbreaking and infuriating at the same time. I get the DoD press releases as they are issued and I see way too many of our troops making the ultimate sacrifice. Any time we can stop and show our appreciation or extend a kind word or gesture to the families they've left behind, we should.

Dayngr
Proud Military Supporter
eMail Our Military

Mo and The Purries said...

These brave men and women are dying for our country, and our media is fixated on Anna Nicole and the "feud" between Donald Trump and Rosie. What a world!