IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Moving

Thirteen Reasons To Be Glad We're Moving!
1. I have a wonderful support system! My hubman, my daughter,
my cousin, my internet buddies...and you know who you are! And
all the kids are helping us with the physical move.
2. We will no longer have a mortgage payment! Yippeee!
3. Our yard will be big enough to play in the dirt but small
enough to handle ourselves so we can tell our gardener adios.
4. We will no longer have a garage which will force us to clean out our existing garage and shed a lot of "stuff" that has just been taking up space and is not necessary.
5. I will sell my piano, dining room table, chairs and hutch.
They're outdated anyway! If I want, somewhere down the road, I'll
consider getting a keyboard - they're lighter anyway...
6. The park community is going to force me to meet people. Uh, I'm trying to be grateful for this one. I've never been in to coffee klatches or gossip.
7. We will not have any neighbors behind us - just an open field.
It's open foothills so we could be meeting up with varmits (and snakes?).
8. There is a wonderful cinderblock wall on both sides of the property! So I can sit in the backyard in my grundgies if I so desire. (Ha, ha, you thought I was gonna say something else...)
9. Since we will not have cathedral ceilings and about 150 less
square feet, our utilities should be less - here's hoping!
10. The main shower is a lot smaller (bummer!) so maybe we won't stay in the shower as long and the water bill will be lower, too. Since the yard is a lot smaller, it should be a lot less!!!
11. The grounds are rolling hills and will be a great place for
walking and building up my knee so I can lose the weight around
my middle and reset my metabolism.
12. The stress will be a lot less on my beloved and that will make me happiest of all!
13. Hopefully, this will be a stop of two-three years and we will be able to move to
the mountains. Who knows, maybe we'll wind up loving it and won't want to move!


18 comments:

The Pakistani Spectator said...

Happy Moving.

Stine said...

Good on you! Aslong as you're not moving out of here...

Jane said...

Sounds like you are going to be very happy in your new location. The process of moving is not a lot of fun but it is always an adventure.
Blessings on you and your hubby.
Thanks for coming by my T13.

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

Have fun moving. That is one thing that I DO NOT like to do... of course, I do shed a lot of "stuff" when I move.. ;-)

Ron Simpson said...

i moved into my new house two years ago. i need to shed a lot of stuff. i told my wife, the garage is going to be emptied and most of it is going to goodwill.

Mags said...

I'm proud of you for making this list. I know it was probably hard. I think you may be pleasantly surprised that less stress means a happier couple, and therefore, where you live means little...

All my love...

Unknown said...

Good luck with the move! As you may or may not know, I just moved myself. It was trying at time, but ultimately quite smooth. Wishing you the best.

Queenie said...

Sounds fantastic. I love it when you move, you find things you had forgotten you'd lost!!!!
Happy moving X

Nikki Neurotic said...

Sounds like some pretty nice things to look forward to.

Mo and The Purries said...

So glad you're finding the silver lining!
I think these are all wonderful reasons, and I can tell how relieved you are by the offer on the house!
cheers & love,
mo

Sandee said...

Sounds like you have found all the positives concerning your move. Good for you Gracie. I will stay tuned for further updates. Have a great day :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sounds great to me! all positive things to be thankful for and exciting too! good girl!

smiles, bee

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Positive thoughts!! This is the best way to face a move and a new way of living!! Good for you!! Someday that may be what i will be facing too. Only we will have no place else to be looking forward too and of course you do.. I love your attitude...Sandy

LIFE IS AN ADVENTURE!!

Desert Songbird said...

You've found the bright side, Gracie - good for you! We are our own worst enemies and critics, and when we let ourselves see the upside in challenging situations, it's amazing the new opportunities that open up.

Go grab 'em all!

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Gracie. I hope that you will have a smooth time moving and hope you'll be truly happy in your new home.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Berni said...

Hope all goes well in your move. Having just moved our friend in I know it is a lot of work but it is exciting moving to a new place.
Thanks for popping in.

whimsical brainpan said...

Good luck!

And I'm all for moving to the mountains!

Travis Cody said...

It's great that you can find so many positives to down-sizing. It's tough to make a life-style change like this, but you won't be doing it alone!

Good luck!