IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Thursday, March 29, 2007

FRIDAY FEAST TIME

FRIDAY FEAST

Appetizer: What are you proud of?
When my youngest daughter's husband died, she took over the reigns of his business, without ever working, and has managed to keep it successful.
Soup: What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize?
I'm having a brain freeze - I do not remember ever winning anything of value.
Salad: Name something you do that is a waste of time.
I watch too much TV.
Main Course: In what year of your life did you change the most?
I was 30 when my husband died leaving me with three children. I was completely changed forever.
Dessert: Where is a place you consider to be very tranquil?
This sounds so cheesy, but it's true: During guided imagery I created a tropical paradise with a pool, being fed by waterfalls trickling down the sides of steep craggy volcanic mountains; mists blowing gently, the scent of plumeria thick in the air; completely surrounded with palms, ferns; the soft call of exotic birds. The pond feeds into the ocean so a pair of dolphin resides within, returning to the sea on occasion. When we went to Kaua'i I found my pool minus the dolphins.

16 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

great feast gracie!

smiles, bee

Mags said...

That does NOT sounds cheesy...it sounds wonderful, and I'm glad you found in in Hawaii!!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Wherever you feel happy tht is the place to be!! Great feast. Mine is up too!! Have a great weekend. Thanks for writing me. Sandy

Sarge Charlie said...

great feast Gracie, FYI, DOB 12/5/37, SOUNDS LIKE 70 TO ME

Barb said...

Here to pick up my meme.. BUT!

Your daughter is wonderful and I see why you're proud of her.

Um.. you won BBOTD (Grin.)

30 was so young.. I'm sure it did have a big impact.

Mo and The Purries said...

I'm with Mags: that does NOT sound cheesy! That is beautiful!

Constance said...

Good Friday morning Gracie !

An appetizer to be proud of indeed ! And that is neat about the dessert - finding the dolphins !

Gracie, would you be willing to send me the code for how to get people to participate in something like your Thursday 13 ? I want to do it for my one kind act Wednesdays, and I don't know how ! Thank you !
It is when everyone's name shows up/their links as partcipating in it, and then you add a comment...

Akelamalu said...

You have every right to be proud of your daughter and yourself.

whimsical brainpan said...

"I watch too much TV."

Who doesn't!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this and learning a little bit more about you. You are truly "amazing"....I have a huge email in my head in response to yours...waiting for some peace and quiet to stop in again and say hello....will email you tomorrow!!!

Linda said...

A wonderful feast and your quiet place doesn't sound cheesy at all but very inviting and peaceful!

You and your daughter are very resilient people and you should both be very proud!

Constance said...

Thank you, Gracie ! I e-mailed Morgen...

Archer said...

I like you and your blog. I found you by pressing the random blog button. Boredom. Now I'm happy I did it!!!

Travis Cody said...

I love the way those tables are set. Very classy!

Baba said...

Gracie,....You and your daughter sound like two amazing women!!God bless!! Baba

Cathy said...

Oh Gracie, I loved this post. I was most taken with the Guided Imagery part. I was beginning to think I was the only one who had ever used it.

I was first given my CDs of Guided Imagery at Clevland Clinic ,prior to having surgery. I have used them many times since then. They are a great stress reliever.