IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

One Kind Act Wednesday

Loving Annie has deservedly won an award from Sarge Charlie - "The Thinking Blogger"award." She has a very distinctive blog, one in which she gives herself permission to love Annie, and in doing so, she gives herself permission to pass that love along to everyone she meets. Her site is full of graciousness and kindness and you come away feeling peaceful and blessed after visiting. And it's very esthetically pleasing!
"One Kind Act" is to help all of us think about doing something for others during the week and then reporting about it here. I find this difficult to do because I feel as if I'm "tooting my own horn." I know that's not what's intended - so I will relay that my hubman came home one night from work, again upset at one of his young co-workers. The young man is always late, talks on the phone constantly, and is a general "goof-off." Hubman would never dream of doing or saying anything about him and the best thing I can do is assure him that he is taking the high road. I encourage him and remind him that in three years (good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise!), he can walk away from the place and not look back. Hubman is my helpmate and I love lifting him up! He carries me so much of the time.

7 comments:

Constance said...

Oh Gracie, thank you !!! That is so sweet of you ! (and was of Sarge Charlie !)

Ohhh, I needed to hear that today, I was down and blue this morning... So you see, you did a kind act right there...
Not 'tooting your own horn', just being you !

Hubman sounds very kind indeed. Taking the high road, while difficult, is always the right thing to do. In 3 years he can walk away and feel good about himself, knowing he behaved impeccably and did his own job well...

Blessings to you both...

Katie said...

This is a great idea. :)

And don't feel bad for blogging about something nice you did for someone.

Desert Songbird said...

I'm a firm believer in practicing kindness; if we don't, they how in the world do we ever expect that it will spread to everyone else? We set examples by the lives we live, and then others, if they are moved, will do the same. Soon, there is more kindness surrounding us, rather than hatred or malice.

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

As a wise man once said, my dad, what goes around comes around... and I am a firm believer... so if a person shows a little kindness then it will come back seven fold.. have seen it happen one to many times.

CONGRATULATIONS on your Bestest Blog Award!!!!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I have found that always doing something kind for someone always works out in the end. You end up feeling better also plus someone else feels better for it too. Great advice from loving Annie..I need to go visit her too..Sandy

Mo and The Purries said...

I know what you mean about "tooting your own horn"
But practicing kindness will return upon you tenfold.
cheers to you!
~mo

Liz Hinds said...

Younger Son has a problem at work: not being appreciated while others who do nothing all day get on. It's frustrating - especially as a mum you want to go and sort it out! - but all we can do is be there for them.

And well done on your blog award!