IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Saturday Photo Hunt - Architecture




Of all the beautiful places all over the world, I took two photos of my house (desperation!). As you stand in my family room and look at the front door, you are looking at many angles and curves, light and shadow. As you pivot and look into the living room at the ceiling, you see more straight lines and angles, along with light playing into corners, and the straight angles of the fireplace as it stretches up to meet the ceiling.

I don't have any photos on my computer that I've taken myself of any grand structure. I tend to concentrate on shots of nature, although I have great appreciation for the wonderful concepts of man. For a run-of-the mill tract house, there are a few interesting lines.

16 comments:

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Gracie. Great entries for this week's theme. I love the white interior of the house. White always creates a cozy and inviting environment. I like how you showed the corners and angles of chosen parts of the house.

Thank you for sharing and visiting my photo hunt earlier.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

wow, those are not shots of a "run of the mill tract house" honey! they are lovely!

smiles, bee

Lazy Daisy said...

Great idea. I thought of posting a picture of our little nest ....especially one with snow on the ground as it is one of my favorite peices of aritechture.

Sarah said...

Lovely photos of your home. My flat doesn't really have any interesting angles so I went for something different!

Smalltown RN said...

I like your choice very much...I was admiring your fireplace....check out my photo and you will see why....

Happy Saturday and happy hunting!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Nice play of sun and shadows.
Pretty house, too :)

Constance said...

I love light and shadow, and what it does to the paint color on the walls. Anywhere that feels like home is way more than run-of-the-mill. It's where your heart is...
Have a good weekend, Gracie !

ribbiticus said...

yup, your architect did a great job! your house has beautiful and graceful lines. mine's up too! ;)

Linda said...

If that's a run-of-the-mill track house then I'm living in the wrong area! That looks beautiful!!

Mo and The Purries said...

I love the inside of the entryway! And I second the "not your run of the mill tract house"!
Your house looks beautiful!

Andree said...

We are not going to be living in castles, towers or court houses. So your architecture is immediately available for us to appreciate and perhaps learn from as we live in our homes! Thank you: it is a beautiful home.

Anonymous said...

I love the arch window over the doors.

srp said...

I love archways and windows above double entry doors. I miss my house in Mississippi. It was open and warm and cozy and just right. But such is life. Nice light and I think the black and white is really great.

Kailani said...

I love the archway in the entryway. Very nice home!

An Island Life
http://islandlife808.com

Kelly said...

Gracie,

Thanks for the note. I wish you well in your new home and you are absolutely right, a home is where your family is, not just a building.

Liz Hinds said...

Lovely angles, you're right. I love interesting houses, with nooks and crannies, and different shapes.