IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

One Kind Act Wednesday

My granddaughter called me Sunday afternoon. I don't want to betray a confidence so I cannot go into what we discussed but she's a very trouble young woman and has a horrid relationship with her dad. I did my very best to counsel her and asked her to realize that her dad does love her, he just doesn't know how. She's like so many of our young people today. She has no direction in life. I told her to write down some goals she'd like to accomplish and to understand that, until she learns who she is, she can't love anyone and that she's still looking for a daddy to love and take care of her. My heart breaks for her and all those like her...


12 comments:

Shaz said...

It sounds like she has a kind, wsise & loveing Grandmother, she's a lucky girl x x

Constance said...

Yes Gracie, our hearts do break. I can feel her pain -- and your kindness in being a loving, wise grandmother...
Thank you for participating in One Kind Act Wednesday !
Blessings to you and those you love, Gracie...

Barb said...

My heart goes out to her..

Ron Simpson said...

Get her a copy of Five Love Languages: Viewers Guide. It is an awesome book that helps people relate to loved ones. One thing that people have a hard time doing is understanding that people show thier love in different ways. another is that we cannot let our expectations of how someone should show us love blind us to how they do show us love. it is a good book.

Desert Songbird said...

Great advice without being judgmental, Gracie. Your granddaughter probably learns a lot from you.

As a matter of fact, I'm sure adults could learn from this advice as well!

whimsical brainpan said...

You gave very sound advice there.

Berni said...

It is great that you are there for her. I read the other day that young people are taking to the internet in droves and sharing their troubles. It is an opportunity for us to show a little kindness via the web

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

Gracie,

Thanks so much for stopping by. I need to stop by here more often too.

I will keep your granddaughter in my prayers... one can never have too many prayers going up for them. Prayer changes all things.

I love this One Kind Act Wednesday. Excellent idea!

Rose DesRochers said...

I will certainly keep her in my prayers.

Heart of Rachel said...

I'm sorry to hear about such a young troubled heart. I hope that everything will be smoothened out eventually.

It's good that she has you to turn to. I'm sure that knowing that someone like you is beside her gives her much needed strength to face life.

Mo and The Purries said...

That is a beautiful thing that you have such a good relationship with her.
I had such a relationship with both of my grandmothers.
I hope that she is able to find a direction in life. With you helping her, I'm sure she's got a good chance!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.