IN LIFE AS IN THE DANCE : GRACE GLIDES

ON BLISTERED FEET.
---Alice Abrams

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Things I've Never Done But Would Like To!


Thirteen Things about Gracie

1. I want to Sky Dive!!! I've always said
someone would have to shove me out of the
plane, but I've had a change of heart. If
George H.W. Bush can do it at his
advanced age, I want to try.
2. I want to learn how to fly a plane!!!
I'm a white-knuckle flier, but I think if
I knew how to fly I'd be less afraid.
3. I want to drive a car on the salt flats!!!
I'm a speed-demon and would love to have a
Cobra and just let 'er rip wide open.
4. I want to para-sail!!! I had the
opportunity in Maui but I was too fat. I
had visions of crash landing like that poor
woman on America's Funniest Home Videos.
5. I want to sing torch songs in a piano bar.
"Cry Me a River," anyone?
6. I want to watch an autopsy. Not a floater,
please, but for challenge: To see if I could
handle it; to see how we all come together.
7. I want to have my eyebrows tattooed. That's
because I have a total of five hairs on each
brow and am such a perfectionist.
8. I want to have electrolysis on my face so
my grandchildren won't be grossed out as I age
and can't see the hair on my upper
lip or chinney-chin-chin.
9. I want to have a nip, lift and a tuck!!!
10. I want to own a horse, a morgan.
11. I want to master Tai Chi.
I have two left
feet and have no dancing skills whatsoever.
Tai Chi is very difficult for me.
12. I want to be certified to scuba dive.
13.
I want to be totally honest with myself,
in all ways, always.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!


To all of you who have already posted today, I've finally
figured out the new linky thingie. I'm sorry I didn't get done earlier. Next time, I'm set. Thanks!!!



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




10 comments:

Gattina said...

Wow ! I already would be dead if I would do these things, especially flying myself, or diving ! and as I have no intention to look at the daisies from under my grave, I better leave it !

Barb said...

If you do all those things you truly will be Amazing, Gracie :)

I think the Salt Flats would be a riot! I could use some permanent hair removal myself. Your eyebrows sound like my wimpy eyelashes!

Desert Songbird said...

Great list, Gracie! Can't say I'm with you on too many of them (I'm a wimp), but I'd love to open up a Cobra on the Salt Flats - woohoo!

Constance said...

Good Thursday morning, Gracie !

My goodness, you are adventurous ! You go, girl !
1 - 4 would scare me to death !
11 & 12 might be kind of cool...

I'm in total agreement on #5... 'Moon River', too. And 'Strangers in the Night'...

#6 might be kind of interesting. I've been in the morgue once (visiting). It was creepy and sad, simultaneously. But it did absolutely confirm to me that people have souls when they are alive. Dead, everyone looks like a mannequin...

7. Just make sure you go to someone who specializes in eyebrows. Check out all of the picttures of people she has done previously. I had mine done years ago, and love it. You will have to hae a touch-up every 2 or 3 years, because it fades..

8. Yeah, me too. Chin hairs, auggggh !

12. is a beautiful thing...

Have a great day, Gracie !
Genuinely,
Loving Annie
http:..www.lovingforyourheart.blogspot.com

Heart of Rachel said...

Great list! I love the idea of sky diving and para sailing but my fear of heights prevent me from doing them. When I was a young girl, I wanted to be a pilot among many things but after a while I realized I couldn't fly a plane if I'm terrified of heights. Wow, an autopsy. I don't think I can handle that one. Very brave of you. Have I told you that I don't know how to swim? But I heard I could still learn scuba diving despite this. I love snorkelling as long as I have my life vest on. :)

Gene Bach said...

Gracie...you're a wild woman! LOL!

Smalltown RN said...

I love your choices....come visit me gracie we can have some fun....I went ski diving for the first time with my daughter for her 21st Bday...para sailing while I was on holidays...hubby is getting his pilots licence so maybe there will be more ski diving....drive fast...that's why I have my mustang...now as for the tuck trim all that...yeah yeah..but you know you look like a pretty scoocum lady who doesn't really need any of that...
Yup Gracie we can go whale watching...and we have some of the best scuba diving on the westcoast.....

Hope you are having a fantastic day...by the way...thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog the other day...they were all greatly appreicated....

Cheers

Ron Simpson said...

just thought I would say hi and hope you get to enjoy the fruits of your list

whimsical brainpan said...

I think the last one is the best.

The Minute Man: Colin Chang said...

Wordless Wednesday Guess-It's answer is out! Go see if you got it right!

Good Luck!